A simple, mouth watering chicken recipe made on the TVF Cast Iron skillet.
Submitted by Preeti Satish, one of our happy customers.
The best part of this recipe is its simplicity. It’s a dish that has oodles of oomph without making a fuss about it. Succulent, juicy and perfectly browned chicken on the TVF skillet!!
Cast iron conducts heat uniformly, which translates into – PERFECTLY BROWNED pieces of juicy chicken. Preeti has used another TVF product – the Cast Iron Raised Edge Pan to simultaneously brown a few pieces of the chicken. Ask a mom about multitasking!
Tip: Preheat the cast iron pans before placing the chicken. To do this, all you have to do is heat the pan on a low flame for a few minutes, until the pan is uniformly heated.
Get the juices sizzling in the pan. The chicken soaks up the sauces and the perfect heat circulation properties of the cast iron skillet, ensures that your chicken is perfectly cooked!
Now here is the recipe. Let us know how you liked it!
- Chicken breast – 1/2 kg
- Honey – 4 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
- Garlic finely chopped – 1tsp
- Ginger chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Salt and pepper
- Smear salt and pepper on chicken pieces and keep aside for 10 min.
- Heat the TVF skillet and pour 1tsp oil just to glaze the pan.
- Place chicken pieces in the cast iron pans and grill them in batches till they are light brown on both sides (takes about 3-4 min on both sides).
- Mix honey, soya sauce, garlic and ginger and a little Kashmiri chilli powder in a cup.
- Now put all chicken pieces back in the skillet and pour the honey sauce over it.
- Keep this on a very low flame and let the chicken cook in the sauce for 5 to 8 min or till the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with sautéed veggies and garlic bread.
Happy Cooking! We would love to hear how this recipe turned out for you. You can buy the cast iron skillet and the cast iron raised edge baking pan through our e-store: